Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL - multiuser.

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL - multiuser.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 18:08 +0200 on 9/11/98, Memphisto wrote:

> I have the following problem: A Netscape Enterprise web server is running
> on an AIX where I installed a PostgreSQL DBMS. The web server is running
> on 'wwwin' account and it's cgis must have access to PostgreSQL tables.
> My question is that I can make table so that they can be manipulated from
> multiple accounts or shall I run the web server and PostgreSQL on the
> same account?

You can GRANT permissions on your tables to any account.

In my configuration:

User "postgres" is the postgres superuser. Postgres is running under user
"postgres".

I have given myself (and several other programmers) permission to create
databases. Therefore, all the databases I create do not belong to
"postgres" but to "herouth". I only use the "postgres" account when I want
to shut down or start up the postmaster. I use my own to create users and
databases.

And for the web server to access data, I grant permission to the specific
tables within the database, which the web server needs to read/write, to
the user "httpd" under which the webserver runs.

So it is pretty much flexible.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.